Monday, March 8, 2010

Feet, Don't Fail Me Now

I hurt my foot on vacation, which is really unpleasant. So even long walks in new places aren't as exciting as I'd like. I can walk okay, but it hurts and shoes seem to keep tearing at the wound, regardless of how tight or loose the shoes are. As much as I like winter and spring, I'd be okay with it being straight up flip flop season for a week or so to give this thing some full-on healing time. Otherwise, it's tempting stick to my barefoot-friendly apartment (which, of course, would drive me completely bananas, so not really an option). Of course, it's also on the foot that already has bad circulation, so it's taking foreeeevvvveeerrrr. Should I go to my podiatrist? Probably. Am I trying to hold out until our already-scheduled appointment so that he doesn't put me on crutches? Absolutely.

In the meantime, I have a new writing project and some music I want to dive into. Luckily, the foot is fine with the pedals on my piano. I have a few irons in the work fire, as well.

No comments: