Friday, February 12, 2010

Quite a Week...

Earlier in the week, Robbie's mom, Mama Max (very much like a mother to me, as well) passed away. In many ways, it was like losing my mom all over again. As Rob put it, heaven got a bit more artsy that day.

Today, I was laid off. It was time and I'm very much okay with it. There had been several shifts in dynamics there lately, so I was ready. I was already putting out some feelers.

The timing is very coincidentally odd. My first week of work at this company, my mother passed away, very unexpectedly. It was also shortly before Labor Day. As I leave, yet another mother figure has passed. Also, before a 3-day weekend.

The next two weeks were already pretty well planned with a couple of vacations. Tomorrow I leave to spend the holiday weekend with a friend, then I may or may not take off for an impromptu few days. I'll be traveling the following week on an existing planned vacation, as well. I anticipate returning fully refreshed and ready to get out there in the working world again. Until then, I need some chill time for my brain and body.

I have a Dr. appointment within the hour. How much do we want to wager that my blood pressure is down?

1 comment:

Diary of an Irish Woman said...

Awesome that you have that ball and chain finally off you. Now you can find a job that doesn't make your BP rise! Contact our friend Jason C - he may know who's hiring at his place when your ready. Fill me in on weekend. Love sisterschick!