Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Day Thus Far

My day thus far:

A few relatively-painless hours in the office.

Rushed home, switched coats (it was in the single digits when I left this am), tipped my super for Christmas. As I walked out of my building to hail a cab, one was pulling up to my building letting someone out. Score!

No traffic to the airport at ALL. I swear, not even a metering light. Made it in record time for a NON-holiday. Sweet!

Get my boarding pass and I was allowed to check 2 bags for free (was expecting $20 fee). Cool, no argument. Didn't pay much attention beyond that. Cool!

Go over to the huge line to actually check my bag and notice that my boarding pass says "Priority" (I guess I've been bumped up a status - thus the increased bag allowance). Just feet away was the sequestered desk for Priority... with one person ahead of me. Nice!

When I get into security line, since I'm flying coach, I head to the coach line. The woman letting us into line took one look at my boarding pass and said "Priority? You go to the First Class line over there". Awesome!

Since I'd allowed padding for each event, I was ahead of schedule. So, here I am in the airport- hanging in a seat near the charge station, early, watching a movie on Netflix on Demand and just chillin' out eating a salad. Not bad... not bad...

I can only hope the rest of my trip goes as smoothly!

No comments: