Friday, January 1, 2010

Top Fives

I'm a big fan of Top Fives, a la Rob Gordon (or Fleming) from High Fidelity. Here are a couple of New Year-themed Top Fives:

Top Five Events for me in 2009 (in no particular order):

1) Christmas in Vegas with one of my best friends! And some great one-on-one time.

2) My NYC rent actually going DOWN (without having to move from my unbelievabley-quiet midtown apartment) at the same time my salary took a similar dive

3) Weekly (okay, near-weekly) brunch with some of the most awesome friends a girl can have (and who are not just Sunday friends, haha)

4) Spending several unexpected days with my sisterchick, her hubby, little boy and the newest on the way, making a somewhat sad occasion of a trip much brighter.

5) Getting to see and hang out with on old for the first time in way too long.


And out with the bad:

1) Discovering I had liver and blood sugar problems from the treatment of other issues.

2) Extra weight gain from said liver problems

3) My brother's stroke, a reminder we're all too fragile

4) Losing a friend who'd finally gotten clean

5) Some unfortunate team shakeups

No comments: