Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Because of You We Can't Have Nice Things

So, over the weekend, I received my long-awaited fitbit. It's a lovely little device. I've been looking at my life in charts for days now- sleep patterns, eating habits, exercise habits, etc.

Well, last night, after I showed it to my dinner companion, I must not have put it back on properly. I was careless. And on the way home, it fell off. I know exactly when it happened, though didn't know that's what it was at the time. The woman in front of me and I both thought she'd dropped something small... that I saw bounce into the subway grate.

Okay, I can live with a mistake- things happen. But the really difficult part is that I was in queue to get one because I ordered months ago (they didn't go into production until Sept- I ordered before released). Ordering today, they're not shipping until Jan 31 :(

Well, it would have been nice to know my stats on vacation, but at least since I already bought one, I can at least use all the online tools and enter things manually. I may pick up a cheapo pedometer to at least keep me honest.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good... well, it's night somewhere :-)

No comments: