Saturday, March 21, 2009

Add It Up

Long distance things can suck. Even when you try very hard to convince yourself you're not in one, they suck. Feelings are tough to temper when both fostering it. It's city mouse vs. country mouse, though. Like Tevye says, "A bird can love a fish, but where will they build their home?" (or something like that)

I saw my first Knicks game (live) tonight. It was a lot of fun! I do love the bball. Of course they lost terribly (or, actually quite well), but it was a fun game. There are a couple of interesting players. The highlight, however, was watching Anthony Anderson bust into full-on splits during one of the breaks, dancing away. Sweet.

I'm in pain, which sucks a LOT. I pushed myself a little bit to see how much my hip would budge, but now I've been down 3 days because of it. Tomorrow (really, later today, I just haven't gone to bed yet) is a day to chill out, ice and put in some TLC. I may go do some mellow stuff, but very mellow.

The music world lost someone this past week-- Jersey Foreman. We used to sit in at the same club and he was a cool cat. I liked his drums quite a bit. He was young, too- only 58. We didn't hang out outside of the music scene, but he's a part of that family, as are many others. I was sad reading his obituary.

So, some good and not-so-good stuff happening at the moment. The good outweighs, but I do get a little worn down sometimes when I stop to think too much.

No comments: