Friday, September 26, 2008

Que Sera Sera

I know it's meant to be comforting, but somehow the "it's his/her loss" thing never really meets its intended goal, whether about a gig, a guy, or any other applicable situation. There is a shiny silver lining in this one and I actually even see it, but it will take a little bit to fully sink in. Meh. Color me disappointed for the short term, but in the long run, I'm guessing hardly more than a blip.

It's been one hell of a week, though, so there's actually a lot of recovery to be done on many levels. Oddly, the thing I thought would hit hardest has been the easiest with which to cope.

I'm happily getting a chill night in. I've been out a lot lately and I've missed some good, quality "me" time. Even after my injections yesterday (and without a nap, I might add), I had dinner with a friend last night.

I went to see the Birdland Big Band earlier tonight. Always good to end the week with some mad crazy tunes and cool people. It set the stage perfectly for a rainy night in. The guy who invited me is my neighbor. Another of my neighbors was there as well with her son. I'm told I'm not normal for even knowing my neighbors, but I'm glad I do. I knew fewer when I lived in the 'burbs! Somehow in city living I've always managed to know at least one or two around me. Then again, San Francisco isn't quite fair since one of my closest friends lead us to the flat to begin with. Even in Chicago I buddied up with a guy from across my back door. I was hardly there long enough to blink.

No comments: