Friday, September 26, 2008

State of the Union

I've been really quiet here lately. I know.

First off, for those who know where I work, I'm still employed. I don't feel any need to freak out or run.

As to the friend about whom I recently wrote, there's been no additional news my way. I'm still hopeful he'll be okay, but his condition is uncertain at this point.

I had another round of injections this afternoon. I decided to do a big deep clean last weekend and got about a steam cleaned kitchen floor into it when my back decided it didn't want to participate. Hopefully, in a couple of days I'll be as good as new. And I can then move enough stuff around that I can actually put the vacuum and the steam cleaner away :)

It's definitely far from gloom and doom here, as much as it may seem. There's lots of good stuff going on, as well. I've been diving into music a bit more, I've been meeting some cool new people and reconnecting with a few old peeps. The folks off for summer stock and the like are beginning to return to the city, too. I'm really enjoying the city's journey toward autumn. Today was the first time this season I've truly felt like I needed a jacket. A light one, but a jacket nonetheless.

No comments: