Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where I Wanna' Be

So, today marks my one year anniversary of being a New Yorker. As such, my new lease offer arrived today with very good news. I'm not moving. The rent is going up, but by less than I'd pay for an average dinner out, so I'm very happy. I've been holding off of a few things (art on the walls, etc) for a month or so, awaiting my new lease on life ;) Maybe next year I'll be in the mindset to buy a place, but I'm not in any rush at the moment.

Spring has no longer just sprung, it has exploded. I'm thinking I may actually have to turn the AC on just to cool the place down. It wasn't that bad out (70s), but I think the apartment baked in the sun. Tomorrow it's supposed to be about 80 degrees. Like, autumn, I think spring is a season easily missed here if one blinks too long.

I did some more shopping for my NOLA trip next week(!!). I'm excited. I talked to a coworker today who went to Jazz Fest a few years ago. She said it's second only to Mardi Gras in party size. In addition to the festival and the trip itself, I'm also looking forward to some quality time with RS. Just like old times, only not living like starving artists ;) I think it would have been quite easy to predict we'd both end up out here, but there's no way we would have pictured the adults we've become (and the 14-year-olds that still live on inside).

No comments: