Sunday, April 13, 2008

When You're Young at Heart

Something odd happened in my neighborhood today-- all the tourists seemed to be gone (or hiding reeeally well). Were they all scheduled to fly American?? I walked with ease to and from the subway. Even coming home with big shopping bags, sometimes tough to navigate as quickly as I'd like, wasn't even an issue. Even my building's laundry room was empty-- on a Sunday? That never happens. Perhaps the apocalypse happened and I was too busy running errands and doing laundry to notice?

I saw Young @ Heart today. It's, without a doubt, the most moving film I've seen this year (and possibly last year... but I don't remember that far back, lol). If you have even the tiniest speck of passion for music, or even just a passion for passion, go see it now. I hate to over-hype, but it really struck a chord with me (no pun intended, but certainly welcome).

I hope I can catch it again before it leaves the theater. It's been picked up by Fox Searchlight, so should be playing at the local art houses (one of the Cameras in the South Bay and Opera Plaza or Embarcadero in SF is bound to play it). Here in the city it's at Lincoln Center and Union Square. Why are you still reading this? Go see it now!! Okay, after you see this trailer:



Warning-- don't dig on youtube. Most clips contain massive spoilers. Best to just see it first.

No comments: