Wednesday, August 13, 2008

R O C K in the U S A

Greeting from the border. We've been here for what feels like forever (more like 2 hours). I don't feel quite ready to go home yet, but I am ready to catch up on sleep.

I got lucky on the weather front. It was supposed to storm 3 of the 4 days of this trip, but only rained a bit on the way up and a bit Monday evening when I'd already planned to be indoors. Other than that, it was sunny and beautiful. I even, despite my care to use sunblock, got a bit of color. Of course, it's already begun to fade, but that's fine by me.

Yesterday I got a little more sightseeing, but nothing too noteworthy. I also gambled a bit. By the morning I was already up $55. Last night, however, I won another $100+, which doesn't seem all to impressive until you consider that last bit was on a slot machine-- and with pennies!!! Some friends came down from Toronto and weren't too into the tables, so I hopped on a machine to keep me busy. It was hot as coals. Sweet!

Well, looks like the train is finally about to start moving again. Finally an opportunity for shuteye-- that is, if the terrible-two kid in the seat ahead of me can keep down the squeals.

No comments: