Thursday, June 5, 2008

Love is All Around

I feel very loved today. It's truly wonderful. While I don't have my bay area peeps and twin here with whom to celebrate (happy birthday, Sinead!!), I feel them all with me. With them, I'm fully embraced by the east coast additions, all members of my chosen family. Sure, some are the crazy cousins and the brothers who like pulling my pigtails, but still very much adored.

I'm pacing myself for a few days of celebration. To kick things off, a few of my co-workers (and very much friends) surprised me down in our building's lobby (under the guise of finding the ice cream guy-- I fell for it hook, line and sinker-- they're good!) for a mini celebration.

While lavished with shiny things and fun events, the people are truly the best gift in and of themselves.

No comments: