Saturday, May 17, 2008

Night and Day

A quick update...

I saw Endgame at BAM last night with John Turturo, Max Cassella and Elaine Stritch. It's Becket, so it's pretty out there as far as the play itself is concerned, but the performances were right on target. I especially loved Cassella. It was also great to see Stritch and Turturo live, although Stritch really only had one scene. I thought Turturo was just at the peak enough to not go over the top on his performance. I enjoyed it. I'd love to have gone for drinks afterward with the friend I who saw it with me, just to discuss the material itself, meanings, etc, but it was an exhausting (good) week, so all I could think about was coming home and getting some sleep.

Otherwise, life is busy, work is good, things are well. I've been going out a lot lately and exploring a few parts of the city I don't know as well as I'd like to. This week is another pretty packed calendar, but it's a good thing.

I'm off to hang with some friends for the weekend. It should be a good time. I can sleep when I return ;)

I haven't been singing at all since I left for New Orleans. I caught a horrible cough/cold thing that is still lingering a small bit, so my voice wasn't really terrific there for a while. I'm aiming to get back next weekend. I definitely have some work ahead of me.

In cleaning out a couple of things last week, I ran across a book I've been missing-- Jamie Cullum's Twentysomething. It's been sitting on my piano for about a week or so now and has provided some nice additional inspiration when I sit down to the ivories (which, of course, aren't really ivory ;) )

Oh, and I got about 6 inches cut off my hair this week (for those who haven't seen me in a while, it was down to about the middle of my back when straight). I love it. It's not too short, not too long... very much "just right", as Goldilocks would say. This should get me through the summer without my hair feeling so heavy before I'm due for another cut. It also handles the curls a little better, so it's lower maintenance. Summer here isn't really conducive to straightening.

Have a good weekend, all!

No comments: