Sunday, April 27, 2008

Singin' and Dancin' in the Rain

It's the second day of downpour. Thankfully, it let up until early afternoon so we could walk around the festival a bit. We were safely in the jazz tent enjoying a cool trio by the time we hit monsoon levels. I have no other words to remotely cover how much was coming down. Yesterday after Billy Joel it took about an hour indoors and in dry clothes before my body felt anywhere near dry. The grounds were flooded.

It's a bit lighter now than about an hour ago. R is out watching Irma Thomas (in hopefully less rain than for Billy Joel). I'm in a tent waiting for the Nicholas Payton Quintet to start and keeping a couple of dry seats for the two of us. Cassandra Wilson is playing here later, which is the biggie for me. Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint overlap, but I just saw them (together) not too long ago. Besides, Cassandra is indoors and Elvis is not ;)

We haven't really decided on tomorrow yet. I think it depends on the weather. If it's clear, the river walk would be nice, but I'm happy to play it by ear.

No comments: