Saturday, November 20, 2010

Life

Happy almost Thanksgiving. How did it get to be mid-November? When did time start zooming by at light speed?

I've still been doing a very small amount of consulting, but looking for something permanent, job-wise. There's also still that other iron in the fire I can't talk about yet. Soon, but it'll be a couple of months there (and isn't really related to the current job search).

I'm still greatly enjoying living in the first-person plural. I'm entirely smitten. We are planning on living together when our leases are up. It's a huge step, but a welcome one. I realized the other day that any nervousness is far more an excited kind of nervous than that of concern. And to be candidly sappy, there hasn't been a day since I met him that he hasn't made me smile. It's a wonderful thing to realize. I can barely stand myself ;-)

That's about it with me. My health is improving, my sugar is very much under control and my latest round of hip injections has me soaring through with a bit less pain. My weight has hit a brief plateau, just shy of 60 lbs lost, but it's starting to budge a bit again in the downward direction. I try and be patient, but at least I haven't gained anything back. Knowing that I was able to actually lose weight over the holidays last year has me optimistic. There are a couple of big holiday dinners to maneuver through, but it's doable. I know with P's family there are always salads and vegetables, which helps. Things are so much easier when the entire dinner isn't sopped with gravy and butter. I'm baking the rolls, so I know they'll be grainy, too.

I hope everyone reading this is having a great November. Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments: