Sunday, April 6, 2008

Are You Ready to Rock?

I discovered a new musical obsession tonight-- Rock Band. It's so much fun!! A friend of mine recently picked it up and invited a few of us over for some Final Four action and Rock Band (which eventually became the winner... Oh, and sorry Jan-- I did see the score of the UNC game afterward. Brutal.).

If I had the room in my apartment, I'm thinking I'd have a setup by tomorrow. I have Guitar Hero, which I haven't even played yet (I had a feeling it'd be unleashing a beast), but already that pales in comparison. It's the piano or Rock Band, though, and the piano stays.

It's great that it's a multiple-player situation, too. I met some fun new people in the process.

I do think I was a bass player in a past life ;) I don't know, though. All those years of whittling my instruments down to piccolo because it fit in my purse probably doesn't bode well for a future as a bad-ass bass player. (well, unless roadies were always involved, heh).

2 comments:

microtherion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
microtherion said...

I think I'll hold out for the next installment in the series: Jazz Combo

Finally, we'll all have the motivation to learn Donna Lee or Giant Steps